Sapphire Point is a small, inexpensive wedding venue in Dillon, Colorado for up to 35 wedding guests that overlooks Dillon Reservoir.
If you’re planning an intimate wedding ceremony in Summit County then you should consider checking out Sapphire Point. The overlook has lovely views of Dillon Reservoir and the Tenmile range. The site is perfect for a wedding ceremony but you’ll have to look elsewhere for a reception location. Sapphire Point is centrally located in Summit County and just a short drive away from Keystone, Dillon, Breckenridge, Frisco and Silverthorne.
Reservations for the site are done in two hour increments. Although the site can be reserved, all public visitors have access to the site and adjacent trails. You can bring chairs but catering and rentals require the vendor to have an additional permit from the U.S. Forest Service. There is a nearby parking lot with 22 spots cars but the area is open to the general public so plan accordingly.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Reservations can be made up to six months in advance
- Maximum limit at site is 35 people
- Someone on-site must have a reservation confirmation with them while the site is being used
- During winter, the trail is not maintained to the wedding deck so be sure to wear appropriate footwear
- Ground must remain undisturbed; stakes and poles prohibited, and releasing or distributing seeds, plants, plant parts, animals or other items must be approved in advance-All chairs, trash and debris must be removed at the end of your reservation